The Social Market is where you can buy and sell ingredients, tools and dishes from or to other World Chef Players. You’ll probably find that you spend more time in the Social Market than you do anywhere else in the game. That’s because it’s a great place to sell items to make a decent profit, find tools you’ll need upgrade your Ingredient and Dish storage rooms, as well as ingredients and dishes you’ll need to complete Chillout events in time.
When you enter the Social Market, you will see a list of items available for sale by other players. If you click on an item, you’ll be taken to a list of all the other items for sale by that player. So if what you need isn’t on the the main list, click on each item and you might find it in the individual players’ lists. We’ve found lots of great items that way.
The Social Market is a pretty good way to make a profit selling completed dishes and helper ingredients. For example, you can make a Steak for 10 coins and sell a Steak in your restaurant at the base price of 15 coins for a 5 coin profit, or you can sell it in the Social Market 30 coins and make a 20 coin profit. Or make a Spring Salad (which costs 32 coins in ingredients) and serve it in your restaurant for 45 coins for a 13 coin profit, or sell it in the Social Market for 90 coins for a 58 coin profit.
World Chef – Social Market Tips and Strategy
- Check the Social Market regularly. It refreshes every 4 minutes and items are sold on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Every once in a while, someone is selling a tool you’ll need for storage upgrades.
- Buy any ingredients that are for sale in the Social Market that have a green discount tag, then flip them in the Social Market for a profit or use them to reduce your cost in making dishes.
- Any time you see an item with a green discount tag, buy it! That means it is selling for less than its normal price. Even if you don’t need it, you can turn right around and sell it for regular price and make a little profit. Plus, it will also help you in reaching your acheivements later.
- Any time you see a measuring tape, wrench/span, or lock available for sale, buy it. Those items are hard to come by and are vital for upgrading your Ingredient and Dish storage rooms.
- Regularly check the Social Market during a Chillout event to see if dishes you need are available for sale. Not only will buying dishes help you complete your event, but the coins you spend count towards the “Spend 20,000 in the Social Market” acheivement.
- Completed dishes and helper ingredients always sell, and they usually sell at a decent markup.
- Once you add an item to a slot on your selling page, the only way to remove it is if it sells or if you pay gems to remove it. Try to always have one or two slots available just in case.
- No matter how tempting it might be, never sell tools you’ll need for storage upgrades! They are so hard to come by.
- Avoid filling all your available slots up with leftover tools like Hammers, Shears, and Chainsaws. They don’t sell quickly.
- When you first start the game, make lots of buns and sell them. Items sold in the Social Market at a discount sell fairly quickly. So sell 10 buns for $9, or 5 steaks for $55. The green discount tag gets people’s attention and guarantees it will sell quickly. It’s also a great way to get other players to see what else you have available for sale.
- Sell completed dishes and helper ingredients in groups of 5 or more and at the maximum price allowed. Players need these for completing Chillout Events and will pay a premium price so that they can win their crates.